Thread: Hello all!

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Post Hello all!

Just a quick introduction here, I have had a life-long fascination with maps and am also what is known as a roadgeek. I am a bit challenged in the graphics department and am hoping to pick up all kinds of hints and tips. Although I love all breeds of map, my main interests are in modern-style political and road maps. I have been drawing maps of imaginary places since I was in the first grade

I received CorelDraw as a Christmas present and am slowly but surely learning to use it. Based on advice in the forums here, I also went and downloaded gimp today.

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Welcome to the fold. I am a few days new myself.

Welcome to the Guild Brian! Well you are in the right place to learn. I've heard very good reviews regarding coral draw, though I've never used it myself. Unfortunately, I don't think many others here use it, or at least if they do not many have bothered to create a map-making tutorial for Coral Draw. GIMP on the other hand is well supported. Of course it would be good to get to know both forms of software as Coral Draw will likely have options that GIMP does not. Who knows, maybe one day you'll write a Coral Draw tutorial for us!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh