Thread: Hi

Default Hi

Hello, my name is Cold and I've been sober for 3 minutes.

/for serious now

Hi guys, I'm just another artist who has discovered that he likes the idea of cartography. I'm 26, and have been drawing in a recreational sense for just over 26 years. I struggle with serious talk, love pen and ink, and envy ctrl+z. My buddy asked me recently if I had any interest in hand drawing a map of Westeros for him. I don't have the attention span or retention skills to read something the size of "..Fire and Ice", so naturally I had no idea what exactly he was asking me to draw. So, I did what anyone would do: googled "map of Westeros" ..and here I am.

Oh, and I have a goldendoodle named Engelbert, she is like a daughter to me and I don't care if that annoys anyone. She is expletively awesome.

Anyway, I've seen some awesome work on the forums already and look forward towards digging through the archives and finding more, as well as some day adding to the collection. For an idea of where I am at as far as level of art goes, here's the latest piece I've finished:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ungn7ZO.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	297.3 KB 
ID:	56114

Looking forward to being a part of the guild

/for serious now

*sip*
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2w2064m.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	56113  
    Last edited by Cold; 07-16-2013 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Originally posted the wrong image. Admin, feel free to delete the remaining thumbnail.

Neat drawing. Sort of looks like a map...

Welcome to the guild.
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

Welcome, Cold! Really nice textures and shadows on that… individual Looks like some anatomical reference would improve your drawing, but for maps, anatomy is maybe not so important Looking forward to seeing your Westeros map, and/or anything else you want to show!

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected TempyTheCleric's Avatar

Welcome Cold! goldendoodle are my favorite! I grew up with poodles and golden retrievers, but never a goldendoodle. Enjoy your stay

Welcome to the Guild Cold! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with for the Westaros piece.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Thanks for the warm welcome, and the for the critique Lingon.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

Yeah that floor pattern could very well be a map indeed ....gobs of river violations but could def be a map.

Nice style and texturing. Have some rep for the art and a hardy Welcome to the Guild, The Mappiest Place on the Web
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent