Thread: EIP - Talstem Islands

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post EIP - Talstem Islands

Well here goes another experiment. The water in this was by far the most difficult thing I have yet to make. I also ran into issues of scale, photoshop's render clouds filter isn't adjustable like the gimp's So in order to make larger features I had to do something along the lines of "not so random coastlines" X 2.

So the file is 2000x2000 with 200dpi.
    The detail is really tiny in this. I couldn't think up of any interesting additions for the moment, such as caves or things. I know I should have attempted a volcano, but was wanting to finish the other details first.
    I realized one of my problems is that I love zooming in too much too often. This causes me to focus on making really nicely detailed paths and rivers, then go back to actual size to realize that my nice brook is only 2px wide and a dull color that barley stands out. The same goes for the buildings. Yet then again I did try to keep it somewhat in scale.

This is the first time I really feel that I effectively created a hilly area with mountains. I found the effect by accident too!
    There is a bit of history behind some of the areas, and many secrets to be found on these newly settled islands. But unfortunately, I am too tired of wrestling the oceans into a pleasant effect to bother inventing it Maybe later. Likely never.

Tell me what you guys think!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Talstem Islands.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	4788  
    Last edited by GlassSphere; 07-01-2008 at 07:28 PM.