Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Oraven - The Red Moors- fantasy map

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

It was really hard holding off on repping you until this was done... great job my friend.

Amazing work Max! I love the backstory and how you fade the water from the south west to the bottom of the bay like that! (Bottom being the north in this case)

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Thank you Diamond and Viking, glad you like it!

And another amazing one! I really dig the style which is indeed beautiful and very personnal. Hope to see more of Oraven soon!

Thanks again! I planned to make a bit more regions of Oraven

Amazing Max! If you don't mind my asking, how do you get your base background? Specifically the one used on Selvarin, but this would work too. I'm looking to get into Fantasy Cartography, but can't even get past the base texture part.

Thanks TalonIII. I use to use some combination of several textures layers. I'm not sure that will help you but on this one, the land base background is made of 7 layers : 1 colored landmass layer, 3 textures layers set to color burn (20, 60 and 20%), 1 texture layer (actually the first of the 3 previous ones) set to overlay 80%, a light adjustment layer on hue/saturation and another texture layer set to color burn 20% (some of those textures are homemade, others are from the web). For the sea, i used a colored base layer and 4 other layers : a texture one (the first one use on the land) set at linear burn 60%, a texture one (the second one I used on the land) set at color burn 40%, a texture one set to color 30% that I partially erased with some grunge brushes ( the less redish part on the south of the map) and modified with an adjustment layer on hue/saturation

Quote Originally Posted by - Max - View Post
    Thanks TalonIII. I use to use some combination of several textures layers. I'm not sure that will help you but on this one, the land base background is made of 7 layers : .....
    This, THIS is why I love this site. Everyone, helps raise everyone else's "game" with helpful tips, suggestions, inspiration, etc.

Great Map Max, love the forests & mountains. Just have to REP you for this, and that should put you at 1001 REP points!!

I call that some epic rep! Thanks much Bogie, glad you like it!
    @MeFanch : not sure I helped with that but at least I explained it

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast