Thread: Oasis tutorial [Photoshop / Gimp]

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Tutorial Oasis tutorial [Photoshop / Gimp]

Just thought I'd share my notes on the oasis map I did. It's a good read but the plot was a lil thin and the surprise ending could be seen from a mile away.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks Ascension, this tutorial helps me a lot, PS/Gimp type programs ain't my cup of tea, so now when the kids ask me how to do something I don't look like such and old doofus, at least for a little while.
    SeerBlue

Why do you set your dpi so high? If you were to print this map, it would only be 2 inches by 2 inches.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

It's just a habit of mine. I need to change it, I know. I've always done full worlds at 1 pixel = 1 mile so I used the 1000 dpi to ease my mind. I AM still pretty noobish after all, approaching my 1 month anniversary here. When I started doing city type stuff I just said to myself that 1 pixel would = 1 foot. I just wanted to cram as much as I could into a given space not realizing that there is a point at which going beyond is useless since most printers don't print that high. God forbid, if I haven't learned the norms by the time I get to doing dungeons then somebody drop me into a pit of spiders (hate them crawly bastids).