Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WIP - Continent of Vyros

It's dark but right now, it looks good.

It's like a supercontinent like pangea but smaller. Not impossible but I expect a landmass this big will have a major effect on climate.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Since you put forests on the map I don't really understand why they are in such a low opacity, that doesn't make that much sense.

I have to agree with Falconius about the scale. At this distance forget about anything smaller than a city and maybe even roads. Nice colours for the different territories though. I also think the border is a nice edition!

Thanks for the comments! It seems I didn't put much thought into the scale. The continent is going to be about 5,400 kilometers from east to west, so a bit larger than the size of the continental united states. So the 2,000 kilometers should say 800 kilometers.

As for the forests, I decreased the opacity so that the cities and roads were visible for the time being. I am either going to remove all trees touching a road or city for visibility sake, or redo the forests as big clumps rather than single trees.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Caenwyr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlexSchacher View Post
    As for the forests, I decreased the opacity so that the cities and roads were visible for the time being. I am either going to remove all trees touching a road or city for visibility sake, or redo the forests as big clumps rather than single trees.
    Personally I'd go for the clumpy thingy. There's nice tutorials here that can show you how to create those. Make sure to check out Max's Oraven maps as well, the forest there are amazing!
    Caenwyr Cartography

Check out my portfolio!

Have you considered using tree thing? your brush is very similar with the program default one.

Alright heres a version attempting to show the biomes in color. Not necessarily replacing the old map, but as an alternate version I guess.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VyrosMinimap.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	2.94 MB 
ID:	56522

Oooo! Looks sharp!

I really like the newest map, I think it kinda covers all the stuff you're going for, from what I can tell at least. Great!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123