Thread: [Isometric Map] The Brotherhood of the Impossible

Guild Journeyer Guild Sponsor Klaus van der Kroft's Avatar

Default [Isometric Map] The Brotherhood of the Impossible

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	La Cofradia de lo Imposible.jpg 
Views:	1419 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	56164

My first isometric map ever. I made it for the incomming Pathfinder campaign I'm set to start DMing in late August. It will take place in Planescape: After a long series of events, the party has decided to settle down in Sigil, the City of Doors, and start their own business organization, the Brotherhood of the Impossible.

I made this map as a handout, depicting the floorplans of the Brotherhood's HQ, a former run-down hotel in Treasure Lane, Market Ward, Sigil. The whole thing was done following my player's instructions (and their particular insistence in "having sufficient room to experiment on... err... almost-willing prisoners").

I followed Immolate's wonderful isometric tutorial, which you can find here.

Some of the decorations were adapted from VectorLady's vectorial work, which can be found here.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected TempyTheCleric's Avatar

I love the look of you map! Im no expert in isometric maps so i can't critique i can only say it looks beautifully done!

Why thank you very much, Miranda. Much appreciated!

Lovely work Klaus, I'm sure it will be a hit with your RPG group.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Thanks a lot, Arsheesh.

And yes, the guys liked it (though they found out some spelling errors I now need to fix! Attentive buggers). Though they have been bickering over which character takes which room.

It is going to be an interesting campaign. Sort of like Friends, but with stone genasi and winged demons.

Very nice player handout! Having something this nice, and authentic looking for players to hold really helps with emersion when playing!