Thread: New, expanding Fenlon's MERP maps

Guild Applicant
    Upper Waiakea Forest Reserve, Hawaii Island

Default New, expanding Fenlon's MERP maps

I recently discovered the Fenlon style pack in CC3, which caused me to purchase it. For about 25 years I've been intending to expand Fenlon's MERP continent maps by hand with detailed maps of the areas on the North, South and East sides of the continent. But after finding the Fenlon style in CC3 I've finally made a serious effort to plan this out, since I can do it on the computer.

First I need to learn how to use CC3 to get the look I'm hoping for. In particular, I need to choose the right effects settings for the various features and types of terrain. I was disappointed in the number of scalable Fenlon-style symbols available in the style pack - just a handful of cliff, hill and mountain symbols that you have to repeat over and over. I guess I have to figure out how to embellish these by hand, and draw differently shaped downs, cliffs and plateaus by hand. I still haven't figured out how to use the Fenlon marsh hatch style. Anyhow, hopefully with some care I'll manage to get what I'm aiming for.
    Last edited by bkrownd; 07-22-2013 at 04:40 PM.

I love Fenlon's maps, and I've got to say that I'm looking forward to seeing what you produce!
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name