Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Shaartajar Empire

I like the details and on the first version, it feel very dry. About the rivers, I think you should not put too much of them, if it's supposed to be really dry.

I didnt know about the coast to the east style, but its true, there are a lot of fantasy books which have that kind of maps (LOTR, Wheel of Time, ...).
    Anyway, Im actually European but Ive drew by hand the whole world map, this is just one continent I know there is some difference between the first maps and the second one, but the first ones were just some kind of drafts (as u can seen, there are not much details on them).

Its a very dry area, but most of it is to the north where the big dessert lies (The Sun Moon Dessert). The south (specially the Nuhbis delta) pretends to be a very fertile area, which is the reason why a whole civilization could develop in the continent.

BTW, this is what I got so far (im absolutely a noob in photoshop, but Ive seen a couple of youtube tutorials )

Last edited by luc126; 07-27-2013 at 01:21 PM.

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by luc126 View Post
    I didnt know about the coast to the east style, but its true, there are a lot of fantasy books which have that kind of maps (LOTR, Wheel of Time, ...).
    Anyway, Im actually European but Ive drew by hand the whole world map, this is just one continent I know there is some difference between the first maps and the second one, but the first ones were just some kind of drafts (as u can seen, there are not much details on them).

Its a very dry area, but most of it is to the north where the big dessert lies (The Sun Moon Dessert). The south (specially the Nuhbis delta) pretends to be a very fertile area, which is the reason why a whole civilization could develop in the continent.

BTW, this is what I got so far (im absolutely a noob in photoshop, but Ive seen a couple of youtube tutorials )
    I have the impression that the rivers have a drop shadow effect. If so you should delete it if the rivers don't float in the sky.

So it's like Irak or Egypt's climate. It's good.
    What you have done is really cool espacially the colors.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12