Thread: Randland interactive

Guild Novice

Default Randland interactive

Subject

I wanted to find an interactive map for Randland. I've been able to find decent Lord of the Rings interactive maps, and found an amazing Game of Thrones interactive map. I would like it to be able to show paths of the characters from book to book.

Starting with Rand, Matt and Perrin, possibly later on moving to other main characters

Much like this map which referenced this site in its credits. quartermaester.info

and here is a nice Lord of the Rings style map lotrproject.com/map/

I want to create something like this except for Randland.

Style

I am looking for a map in the following style - quartermaester.info

Quality & Size

[Required for print / web] same style as quartermaester.info

Time Constraints

I have no time constraints.

Copyright

The artist will retain copyright of the map

Tip: *** You are unlikely to get a cartographer to make your map if you want it done for free but also want to have copyright of the image ***

Contact Details

Please PM me here or reply to the thread.
    Last edited by Kibosh; 07-23-2013 at 01:59 PM.

Guild Novice

Or if you just want to direct me to a map that already does this. Haven't found what I'm looking for yet.

I haven't seen an interactive map, but there is a blog that used my vector map to illustrate the characters' journeys on a book-by-book basis:
    Maps « Rambling on and on

The base map has been successfully printed at poster size at 150 dpi. It's not the same kind of painterly style as the GoT piece, but if you want the base map, I can send you the Illustrator file or a high res png. I do require that the copyright blurb in the lower-right corner remain intact, though.

Ajay may be willing to share his path illustrations if you can find someone who is capable of creating the interactivity. I think that was actually his initial intent, but he hasn't gotten any further that creating the static maps.

At the time that he contacted me, he was posting as Yuri33 on Theoryland.com. I have no idea if he's still active there or not, particularly since there doesn't seem to be much point to theorizing any more.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name