Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Call For FAQ Editors!!!

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Help Call For FAQ Editors!!!

Someone new here mentioned that the FAQ was very poorly filled in...and Its been a goal of mine for a while now to make that change...SO...what I'd like to do is recruit two or three FAQ editors.

While I don't believe I will be able to give a select group of people direct access to the FAQ itself...I can in fact provide a private forum for the planning and typing of said FAQ entries, and turn those interested in the job loose on that forum. As things are completed I will "move" them to the FAQ itself.

I'd like people who are:
    A) familiar with what information is available on this site
    B) somewhat familiar with what related information is available on the web
    C) somewhat competent in the english language
    D) interested in helping out

I'm not expecting a huge turnout of people to do this, just two or three...I even have some folks in mind already, so its possible that not everyone who "applies" will be picked. Post your "application" in this thread and let me know that you're interested and once I get an idea, I'll start making arrangements.

NOTE: This is primarily for the Mapping FAQ portion of the FAQ...the rules and vBulletin stuff probably won't change.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

I could 'try' and help, not entirely sure what needs to be done, but I can always help out.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Community Leader Facebook Connected delgondahntelius's Avatar

LOL.. I was thinking of writing a "tutorial" for "new members" to get acquainted with some general mapping and posting tips. How weird.

I'd like to volunteer. This wouldn't be the first FAQ I've worked on for a forum, having admin'd two PBP forum's in the past. I happen to be a big fan of the FAQ and it is one of the first things I look for when I have a question on any site I visit.

I can also use InDesign to put a PDF together for a FAQ download if necessary and would be happy to help out this place that's helped me out so much already.

Post I seem to answer FAQ questions often

I often find myself answering questions in the Introductions thread as to how to post an image and such.

Although I don't always have the time, count me in, if you need any help in this area, Robbie.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Blog Entries

GP...I've got you on backburner for now...You've been a big help to the site overall, and I appreciate you volunteering, I'm going to see how many "regular joes" volunteer before I start putting the pros in...

In other news...did you have to do anything in your profile for all those user titles to appear under your name? I know they represent the groups you're in, but for the life of me I can't get FAQ team to appear under delgon's name...

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Go on then. I spend enough time over here - I should probably chip in and help out a little too

Would it be possible to put FAQ in upper case in the thread title. 1) with the underlineing from the link, it looks like a 'g' instead of a 'q' 2) with the mistaking of the q for a g, it's may now be construed as an "obscene" word and may cause filters to block access to the site in some way.

Joe
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    GP...I've got you on backburner for now...You've been a big help to the site overall, and I appreciate you volunteering, I'm going to see how many "regular joes" volunteer before I start putting the pros in...

<- a Joe
    <- not very regular
    <- would never be considered a pro at anything except for being argumentative....
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Blog Entries

are you volunteering? You're actually quite regular given your post count...AND, given your new member summaries you've written in the past you'd be a welcome addition to the team.

Community Leader Facebook Connected delgondahntelius's Avatar

joe is too hard on himself... I see alot of low self esteem issues that float around... i've been known to dabble in it myself from time to time.... But is a handy guy, being that his advice has helped me on more than one occassion and more than one map I think you should just shanghai him, don't even ask ... just wrap a bag over his head and drag him over

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast