Thread: The Lost Forge of Dumathoin - Level 1 (Battlemap)

Guild Member

Map The Lost Forge of Dumathoin - Level 1 (Battlemap)

Hi All,

I've completed my first unique dungeon map, for an idea that randomly appeared in my head one day and thought I'd share the completed map.

My WIP thread for this map is here.

It was created using GIMP leaning on some tutorials by RobA, mapping objects by Bogie (thanks!), and inspiration from many awesome maps I've stumbled across on Pinterest which mostly lead me to this board.

Quick map synopsis:

A mountain lost in time.
    A lava flow fuelling the forge forgotten.
    A rumour of treasures lost to the ages.
    A lurking menace, beware!

Adventure hook: "The forgotten forge has recently been discovered by an evil wizard (aren't they always?!) who's nefarious plan is to use the lava fuelled forges to create golems and lava elementals to wreak havoc on the nearby city which banished him on pain of death. It seems a few previous experiments failed horribly, and his elementals rampaged through the city, killing many innocents and burning a large part of the city to the ground. Since this set-back he's taken up refuge in the hidden Dwarven complex, and along with a few unsavoury characters to deal with more mundane threats, plots his revenge."

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Lost Forge of Dumathoin - Level 1.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	2.35 MB 
ID:	88414

Enjoy!
    Ra.

Guild Expert

Good to see this in the finished maps section, I enjoyed watching it develop in the wip thread, and it turned out well.