Thread: Ancient map for published book

Guild Applicant

Map Ancient map for published book

Hi All,

I have finished writing a second edition of my first published novel and I wanted to insert a map of the lands this story covers.

I wanted something that looked ancient and hand drawn, see below example from Google.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lord-of-the-rings-free-middle-earth-map-with-color-cccc-page-254377.jpg 
Views:	10843 
Size:	248.4 KB 
ID:	56360

The size I need is 1280×720 resolution, I have drawn how the map should look as a VERY rough guide but the general shape is there. I will need you to add the forests, mountains, sea etc as well as draw a miniature representation of the main cities, see below descriptions

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map example.png 
Views:	251 
Size:	19.0 KB 
ID:	56361

City descriptions (City locations marked with a black dot on my sample map)

Ankh

And ancient Egyptian city surrounded by a 50 meter tall wall. Each corner of the city has 4 tall obelisk and in the center of the city is a great pyramid with a golden tip. The city is surrounded by a large plain of a few miles with a forest to the west.

Rigor

See below file for this. the only difference would be to make the tower in the middle much more grand. It is a tower of light (it can be illuminated) and is taller beyond the clouds.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16163650/Rigor.JPG

Great forest of Eshcaa

Think of the forest of Endor from star wars. It is a dense forest with very tall trees, some with spiral staircases and giant tree houses built on them. the entire area around this city is covered in dense forest.

Great Eastern Empire

Something similar to the below image but I wanted a chinese type castle in the middle of the city

http://history.cultural-china.com/ch...b825276c94.jpg

Kingdom of Vereor

Think of the Vatican in the 1400's

http://www.dici.org/wp-content/uploa...07/vatican.jpg

Ferrum

This is a destroyed city, you can add a ruined medevil type castle here

If you have any questions you can post here or email me @ kaz@kmassop.com and as the title says I am willing to pay, once we agree a price I am willing to pay half upfront.

Please let me know and thanks for your time.

Regards
    Last edited by massop; 07-25-2013 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Changed comission size 1280×720

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

If the size would be A5 for print, I doubt that this scale could easily show some representations of cities, except if the map is a very small regional one :/

Guild Applicant

Quote Originally Posted by - Max - View Post
    If the size would be A5 for print, I doubt that this scale could easily show some representations of cities, except if the map is a very small regional one :/
    Thats a very valid point.

I will make the change in my original post for 1280×720 and I will shrink the original for the book as I can use the image for some of my other projects.

Thanks

Guild Applicant

Thanks for all the interest guys.

I have already commissioned the work to an artist from here so this is now closed.

I will have similar work coming up in the coming months for my graphic novel project and I will contact you all for quotes at that time.

Thanks again

Excellent, hope to see you soon then!
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt