Thread: Language Filter

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Default Language Filter

Just a quick one: is there any way to change the language/spelling of the posting style from American English to British English?
    No problem if there isn't just weird being told my "favourite colour" is wrong :>

If it's wrong, maybe pick a different colour? Grey is very trendy this year; I hear it's the new Black color...

(sorry, I just could NOT resist. And yes, I have absolutely no help on this - other than maybe it's in settings; but it's probably at the administrative sight level?)

I have a feeling that the spell checker is probably an addon to your browser. We have a filter here but it only edits out bad language as far as I know - the site doesn't correct spelling. I may have misunderstood your question though.

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Thanks for responding, I'll learn to ignore it.

Your browser may allow you to select a new default dictionary for spell checking. In Chrome, right-click a highlighted word, click "Spell checker options" then "Language settings." A new tab opens where you can add additional languages. Just add English (United Kingdom) and then in the right-hand column, click "Use this language for spell checking."

The procedure is probably similar in other browsers.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name