Thread: Temporal Comet Strike world

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip Temporal Comet Strike world

Having learned some new techniques on my commission map, Edara, I decided to start working on my own fantasy campaign world.

This world (unnamed yet) had a collision with a temporal comet - debris from a parallel plane (or plane of time) and ripped through this world's planar fabric colliding with this particular world.

The map shows a canyon rift created in the wake of the comet as it skimmed the surface of this planet, until it reached a high mountain range and exploded - crater can be seen as well as rift.

This world suffers temporal anamolies, actions by time-travelers, anachronisms and people from different places on the timeline coexisting in the current temporally damaged world.

The rift valley is near the equator, filled with jungle and Jurrasic lifeforms - dinosaurs.

Although I have created the basics for the entire continent, the only detailing so far is here at the equator with rift and crater area for starters. The dark green is a place holder for mountains, the brown beyond that is desert. I'm thinking of filling the crater bottom with a round lake.

Note despite the comet strike this world didn't suffer the consequences had this been a true comet strike if such hit our world, most of the damage is temporal (time-affecting) though the rift, crater and rim debris was catastrophic, just not "ice age" causing like a real comet strike...

WIP so far...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	comet-strike.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	219.9 KB 
ID:	4811  
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 07-03-2008 at 02:05 AM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations