Thread: WIP Region map for a game

Wip WIP Region map for a game

Hi, here's a map for a flash game I'm making. The region doesn't have a name yet. Made it in GIMP, mostly by following RobA's brilliant tutorial in this forum.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map2.png 
Views:	381 
Size:	289.6 KB 
ID:	56429

Also planning forests, towns, roads and perhaps a desert near southwestern mountains. So far first version with forests, I like how small patches of it look, but not the big one or ones on snow

Name:	map2_forest.png 
Views:	5338 
Size:	319.5 KB 
ID:	56430

Suggestions welcome

Hey Revenant,
    Nice work so far. I think you should consider hooking up your lakes to rivers so that they can drain into the ocean and I think it looks a little odd that there would be a band of green between a mountain range and the snow fields like that but that may just be me.

Thanks!
    On second thought I moved the snow further north, and added autumn colors between mountains and snow.
    Changed the rivers also.

Name:	map2_forest4.png 
Views:	251 
Size:	326.6 KB 
ID:	56509

Most of the story happens during autumn months. Three adventurers set out on a journey, from a port on the western sea to the temple of the lake in northeast. Usual time for the pilgrimage is spring, but urgency of their business makes the story begin in August. They hope to reach the temple before winter comes.

It's nice to have a map that occur in another season. I don't know where your equator is but if I where you I would make colored forest spread a bit more and progressivly change to green as you go to the south. Because northern forest are more affected than southern one.

Some coast in the notrh have shadow while other coast don't have any.
    Last edited by Azélor; 07-30-2013 at 05:28 PM.