Thread: I go by Rhinotones

Guild Applicant

Post I go by Rhinotones

Greetings all!

My name is Liam but you're also welcome to call me by my username of Rhinotones if you wish.

I'm a 41yo male from Surfers Paradise, Australia and have recently found a creative spark I didn't realize I had.

Out of sheer boredom I began designing a MMORPG concept that had been playing on my mind for a number of years (I know, we all have that perfect game we want to see made into reality). Countless pages later an author I had befriended suggested I write a back story to the game concept. I found a great software program called Storybook 4 to write my story but after only one chapter I felt that I needed to create a map for my world, which led me here.

I'm extremely excited to be around so many creative/artistic minds and am look forward to speaking with and learning from you all.

Liam.
    aka Rhinotones.

Welcome, Liam -- the CG should be able to help you turn that latent creativity into something mappy. A good way to start might be to pick a likely style for which we have tutorials, and dive in. If you'll show us what you're doing as you go you'll garner all sorts of useful feedback.

Do you already have graphics chops to bend to cartography, or are you starting from scratch?

Welcome to the Guild Liam, I'm just across the Tasman from you. Well you have come to the right place to learn the craft. I'll second JB's recommendation to check out the tutorials section, there are loads up helpful walk-throughs to help you get your feet wet. Best wishes on your project.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh