Thread: Baron von Evilsatan's Guide to Cartography

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Default Baron von Evilsatan's Guide to Cartography

Hi guys!
    So, this is Baron von Evilsatan's guide to mapping.
    Note that it is not my own; I simply looked up the 4Chan post, compiled all of Baron's posts in a Word document and edited for clarity and language.
    It was the first thing I ever read about DIY cartography and what really got me started.
    Again, this tutorial is not my work and I take no credit for it; I simply wanted to share it because it really helped me with my civilisations and continents.
    Cartography With Baron Von Evilsatan.doc
    I hope it helps you guys.
    Also, if the Baron happens upon this post - Thanks for this awesome guide! I hope you don't mind my uploading it here. If you do, or if this is against forum rules, just tell me and I'll take it down immediately.

Quoting the original author here :
    this is simplified to the point of being offensive.
    It is really poor quality even after the editing, both is format and content. That guy pretend to be an expert but says that everything is too complicated to explain and tell to do whatever you want.
    Just do whatever you want with these because the sort of person who will understand enough to see that your idea is stupid and understand it easily enough to get angry is exceedingly rare. I know all the stuff, it's in my field, and it still gives me massive headaches. Just make it up and follow common sense.
    Clearly, it wasn't written to be a tutorial, just quick advises.
    Thanks for sharing but I would recommend people to stick with Google and Wikipedia.
    Last edited by Azélor; 08-01-2016 at 10:04 PM.