Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Map of the Atregonese Aigentarate

The "Prime Meridian", it runs through my capital (not an international standard). I don't think I'm happy with the color.

If I'm trying to replicate offset printing, it should probably be closer to the maroon text, no?

Looks very nice to me!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Oh yes, that is a lot better!

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

I really like this map, great style and layout. The second version I find more pleasing to they eye as well. I think the nations/political regions are a bit too similar in size though, especially the four big ones in the north. Also, I feel the need to point out that in your compass rose, the grey cross between the four fields looks a bit to much like a swastika…

Further modified. Added a bit of height shading to help the contour lines out with some context, re-did ripples around the coast (this time in Illustrator), modified the prime meridian color, and changed a couple of text items.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	atr-map-old-2.jpg 
Views:	358 
Size:	4.16 MB 
ID:	56594

@Lingon - Planning an overhaul of the administrative regions - as extant, they are merely the pre-determined regions from the canon world map. I intend to knock each into two to six separate regions. The compass rose isn't that, exactly; that is the national symbol, as seen on the flag. Swastika does seem to pop out when outlined, don't it? Not that a swastika has the sort of implications in that world as they do here, but we wouldn't want anyone to get the wrong idea, I suppose.
    Last edited by tcberry; 08-02-2013 at 07:29 AM.

Excellent work tcberry! I would not done it so quickly.
    In every way a better map according to me. Except for the numerous coastal lines. Why did you add more? It was just fine alreay to me.

Perhaps I was a bit overzealous with the coastline. I've reigned it in a bit, along with a few other minor changes, and a new scale.

Name:	atr-map-old-3.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	3.81 MB 
ID:	56613

Next up is going to be adjusting the subdivisions to fall more in line with Ed Stephan's Division of Territory in Society to make them feel a bit more organic.

Guild Adept

Looking at the map, I have a feeling that some of the rivers follow a strange path, flowing on the crest of mountains instead that through valleys.
    Besides that, the map is awesome.

I like the improvements!

Truth be told, I kinda agree with feanaaro on rivers and the awesome map.

There's some strangeness going on with my shading layer. I need to take a look at it. While I inherited the rivers from the world's map and there are indeed some issues, the actual situation appears to be much less dire than originally thought. Red being lowland:

Name:	atr-map-old-heights.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	3.12 MB 
ID:	56652

Edit: It appears that the Fractal Terrains shadow/highlight feature is pretty poor. Gonna need to figure something else out.
    Last edited by tcberry; 08-05-2013 at 07:41 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast