Thread: July 2013 entry - Helm's Deep

Default July 2013 entry - Helm's Deep

Hello,

I got some spare time, and I decided that even existing some very good entries for this challenge, I would get into it.

My entry is a simple map (I mean really simple) of Helm's Deep, the fortress used by the Rohan people as the last defence against Saruman's Army. It does not depict all the Lord of the Rings series, of course, but Helm's Deep is an important chapter/scene on both books and movies.

It is heavily inspired (not to say almost a copy, but with my drawing ) on the book concerning Helm's Deep of the Lord of the Rings Role Playing Game, which has maps of the place, since it does describes it as I imagined, or at least very close to it. The movie has its part on the drawing too, but as a lesser fountain, and book itself also has its parts, of course (yet I could feel the lack of great description on that particular case).

The drawing was hand made, inked with ink pen. Colored with photoshop. Writting was also added with PS, as you can clearly see, and even though it does not fits well with the map, I won't be changing it

The map shows as a bigger part the entire fortress of Helm's Deep (top view). To the right side you can see a simple scheme of The Burg (where is located the horn, which we can see Gimli using on the movie). At the top right, you can see an overview of the region, where is located the Burg, Helm's Dike (which does not appear on the movie), and the way to the Glittering Caves.

Hope you like it, critiscism is welcome, yet I have to say my connection to the internet is limited this days, so I may have no time to read and make the changes.

### latest wip ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	helmsdeep_01.jpg 
Views:	6486 
Size:	3.23 MB 
ID:	56533  
    Last edited by arsheesh; 08-01-2013 at 06:17 PM.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

You should add the tag ### LAST WIP ### before the picture if you want to enter the challenge

Quote Originally Posted by - Max - View Post
    You should add the tag ### LAST WIP ### before the picture if you want to enter the challenge
    Oh god, forgot about it. Thanks -Max-

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Ne problem, we don't have that muche entries, it would be a shame that we lost one for that