Thread: Aloha, mapmakers!

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Default Aloha, mapmakers!

Hi there!

I'm not "really" a mapmaker myself. I suck at drawing, but I'm semi-decent at Photoshopping stuff. I have in the past done semi-decent rennaissance-esque maps of cities such as Venice, Genoa and Florence, though unfortunately they got lost with time and crashing harddrives. I plan to in the future pick that up again for my writing endeavours.

The main reason I'm here is because you people kick ass at making maps, and I love looking at the art posted here. I plan to hopefully also one day in the future commission a map or ten for my fantasy world that I'm developing, and I can think of no better place to do it than here. And if I can pick up a few tidbits of skill at making maps myself as well along the way, all the better.

So, anyway, my main skill in the artsy stuff lies in writing, and I'm currently in the process of rebuilding a fantasy world of mine as mentioned above, and doing the legwork for a fantasy novel that I plan to write in said world.

Aaand, that's all I've got. Cya, guys!

Edit to add: Oh, and feel free to add me on Facebook if you like me. Just shoot me a message first.

Edit 2: Oh, and I also love roleplaying, like, text-based RP:ing. If anyone here likes that sort of thing, don't hesitate to hit me up with ideas.
    Last edited by Henrik; 07-31-2013 at 05:27 PM.

Welcome to the Guild Henrik! There are dozens of helpful tutorials written for Photoshop here to help you get started. Let us know if you have any questions.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Hey, thanks, man! I shall do just that.