Thread: Canvarr Revisited and Revised

Guild Apprentice

Default Canvarr Revisited and Revised

I recently reworked an old map for a D&D adventure that I am thinking of writing and realized that the map I was using was in fact the first complete overland map that I ever made and posted here. It is interesting to see the difference, since I didn't remember that the map was my first when I revised it. It think that it is quite an improvement.

Revised Map. The biggest change was making the labels far more legible and the map less cluttered so that It can be used in an adventure and setting. This map is also technically supposed to reflect the world a couple centuries earlier than the original, hence the change from the Archonate of Canvarr to the Domain of the Conjurer Kings.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pre_canvarr map.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	859.7 KB 
ID:	56552

Old map for comparison.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	carvarr_v2.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	979.2 KB 
ID:	56553

I definitely like the revised map. The color scheme is more pleasing for my eyes, and I found the compass lines of the old map a bit distracting. If I may, I have a few suggestions for the revised map. The icons for the trees and mountains are looking a bit too uniformed and wanting of variation. And so too for the labels. It would be nice to see a bit of colour differences between the labels for the seas and for the cities, as well as the use of more curved text rather than straight horizontal text. All in all though, this is a nice improvement from the old map.

Excellent map, thanks for sharing.

ive been trying to get this parchment paper look for maps i am trying to make in PS but can't get it quite right. how do u do it?