Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: July 2008 Entry: Kane's Place

Post July 2008 Entry: Kane's Place

Not going to be late for the party this time...

...but of course working on it so fast I missed a few things. Just noticed the part about a garden to the east while getting ready to type this up so that'll have to be added in.

Also, the proprietor's quarters were listed both on the first floor on the west side as well as on the second floor with the guest rooms (which it says are accessed from the east, didn't say they had to actually be to the east *shifty glance*) I combined the two of his room into one with another set of stairs connecting them.

Description: After retiring from the adventuring life, Kane Aldana, the self-described "King of Thieves" settled back down in his home town of Lerskeldyn and opened an inn/tavern at the site of the one he used to frequent in his youth. These days he mostly spends his days swapping tales with the current crop of adventurers and ne'er-do-wells, always on the lookout for one last big score.

"Management is not responsible for lost or stolen articles left in rooms"

Genre: Medieval (low) fantasy, though could probably work for anything up to maybe the Victorian era.

Technical Information:
    Dimensions: 3375x2400
    Scale: 45x32 (75 Pixels Per Square)

Tools Used: Photoshop, Poser, Bryce

To Do List:
    Add that garden I just found out I missed.
    Zoom in and arrange the furniture better.
    Make tokens for the map?...

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kane%27s%20Place.jpg 
Views:	353 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	4825  
    Last edited by Vry; 07-12-2008 at 12:34 AM. Reason: Updated Dimensions/Scale Information

Nice touch with the depth-of-field effect on the balcony.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

I love it Vry. Fantastic work and artistry. It looks as though its going to be a tough challenge this month considering where you have set the bar. I look forward to being a spectator for this one (unfortunately due to time constraints). Lovely map.

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

It will be quite a challenge, this map rules. Thanks, Vry.
    ˙ƃuıuɹoɯ sıɥʇ sǝunɹ ǝʌısoldxǝ pǝɹɐdǝɹd ı

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Yowza! Now I remember why I don't even try my hand at encounter maps. I'll just slink back to one of those alcoves and hire some thugs to go and beat Vry up. Smokin map.

Oh my word! What a fantastic start! You're gonna have to share some of those textures with us when this is over! - What I can't work out is where did poser come into your workflow?

Torq said
    It looks as though its going to be a tough challenge this month considering where you have set the bar.
    Was the pun intended?

Blog Entries

Fantastic and your usual exceptional quality again. Its already better than my final is likely to achieve.

The FHCO's and I are more than a little leary about strolling into Kane's Place, and the challenge, with flyer's for Hebbie's Ale House in Snapgallows now, at least with your fantastic map we know where all the exits, and windows, are when it comes time to make our hasty escape....Great work.

SeerBlue

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    Oh my word! What a fantastic start! You're gonna have to share some of those textures with us when this is over! - What I can't work out is where did poser come into your workflow?

Torq said

Was the pun intended?
    C'mon Ravs, give me some credit. You know how long I spend preparing my posts. Lets keep the topic on Vry's map. I'm just taking a peek at the competition. For the sake of perspective I like to take a decko at the benchmark before I barrel in. I wont be chicken. I'll be fired with enthusiasm. Its my bread and butter. Man, this post is starting to drag on.

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast