Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The world knows no emotion to match a dragon's grief

Blog Entries

Default The world knows no emotion to match a dragon's grief

Hi all
    Please forgive the pretentious title for this post, thought it might be more eye catching than 'Hi' Just wanting to say hello and add my appreciation for the beautiful and wide ranging maps on the site. This certainly seems like the place I'm looking for.

For many years I worked as a sculptor in the hobby games industry making models for RPG and tabletop games. I now work as a writer. I currently have one self-published book in circulation; a psychological thriller called First and Only. I am also working on a new book, a fantasy book called Battle Mage. I have produced several basic maps but my skills are fairly limited. I would like the finished work to have an expert touch and that's the main reason why I'm here. I'll be trawling the galleries on the look out for someone whose style suits the world I am building. Then, if they are willing, I will be offering a commission to produce a map (or maps) to help bring my world to life.

So, I look forward to meeting you and enjoying the maps you have created.

Cheers
    Peter

ps. The title for this post was the first part of the tag line for my new book. The whole thing reads like this:

The world knows no emotion to match a dragon's grief
    Save perhaps a dragon's rage

Welcome to the Guild The Flanston! There are talented artists aplenty here that may be suitable for your project. Of course there are also some great tutorials here if you wish to hone your own skills. At any rate, look forward to seeing you around.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Blog Entries

Thanks Arsheesh
    Artists and tutorials. Hmm... I might do a bit of both
    New Zealand, eh? My brother and his family live just outside Aukland. Where abouts are you...

I live in Albany, which is now part of the Auckland mega-city.

Cool tag line. My story's world knows a dragons rage quite well.

Blog Entries

Thanks Robin
    Your story got a name yet?
    And perhaps a map I could take a peek at...

My story's name (at least for now) is Music Box or Melody Box. As for the map go here -> http://www.cartographersguild.com/re...ete-sevul.html It's got some back-story about it too.

Blog Entries

Hey Robin
    Sounds interesting. Sparked a little brain burst in my imagination... 'The Melody Box of Sevul'... 'Refrain - The Music Box of Loss' ... 'The Music Box of Forgotten Dreams'

Ok, I've gone too far!

Great to see a hand drawn map and I love the little sea serpent in the northern sea!

Best of luck with it

Peter

wow maps and writing i think i am falling in love with this place
    (no i am not a writer but a book binder old world style)
    trying to get all my equipment together

Hello, Your title ideas are pretty good, the third one fits the idea I had when naming it the most, but in a way it would also clash with it the most.

My brother drew the sea serpent. When I got the idea to draw this map I had no skill at making then so I asked my older brother to start it for me, he has drawn more than a few maps, he drew most of the northern mountains and the coast line.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast