Thread: Hello

Guild Applicant

Default Hello

Hey guys, just joined (in case you didn't realize) and am saying, "Hello."
    I recently picked up an interest in making maps (I've always like the idea but never thought I would ever be able to do it with my terrible drawing skills, but finally got over it and am going to try.) and have been searching all over the place to look at different techniques and ideas. Somehow everywhere I found led me to this place so finally I decided to really check it out. So awesome!
    Anyway, I have about 0 skill in map making, which is why I am here. Is there a tutorial here on how to start creating maps with no experience? Thanks to anyone who can help.

Hello and welcome! I'm pretty new around here too, but I did find this thread, which may serve you well. Cheers!

Guild Applicant

Thank you! I'll check that out.

Welcome to the Guild Riv! There are some fairly basic tutorials that might suit you. Have a look through the "Tutorials in PDF format" sticky in the tutorials section where all of these will be listed by software. There are actually too many beginner level tutorials to list here, but if you do a bit of leg work you will find all you need from that one thread.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh