Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: July Challenge: The Slap'n'Tickle

So, here we have it. To make it 'fit' within the rules I have ensured I have all the requirements, but I have made some changes to bring it into the modern era:

The PCs find themselves seated in the main bar at a local watering hole. All around them customers talk, drink and eat as servers move about the area. The noise of external traffic rises and lowers as patrons come and go.

Along the entire west wall of the main room runs a deep, long counter behind which is a door to the the proprietor's quarters. Also in the west wall is a doorway leading to the salon area, reserved for those with the money to spend. To the north is a short corridor leading to a pair of doors and then to the entrance to the building proper. Next to the corridor, also along the north wall is a staircase leading up to a gallery which runs along the north and eastern walls. A branching corridor south leads to a number of private alcoves, a favorite location for secret dealings. The south corridor terminates at the entrance to a courtyard.

On the east wall is access to the second floor, which houses rooms for paying guests and the living quarters of the proprietor and his family. Also in the east wall is a door leading to a garden with more seating for guests.

Set into the floor of the bar area is a door leading down to a cellar which is also accessible from the courtyard.
    The 'Salon' to the West is a Nightclub/disco area for the mingling of people, out on the town. The Gallery is simply a raised area to allow patrons to the east to more easily view the ladies as they 'strut their stuff'. The private alcoves are the private dance booths. and the courtyard is the parkinglot.

With Luck, people are enjoying the Ol' Slap-n-Tickle, and once I have the place open for business we can all get together for drinks, and some 'special' VIP services.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SlapnTickle.JPG 
Views:	77 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	4999  
    Last edited by NeonKnight; 07-07-2008 at 08:38 AM.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

I like the artistic interpretations. Well done. I look forward to seeing how the various elements get slipped in such as the cellar exit to the parking lot.

What resolution/scale are you drawing this at? It seems a little small.

Based on this screen capture it looks like it is 50 pixels = 6' ? Does that seem right?

Name:	ST.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	5002  
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Remember, no sex in the champagne room...or so that's what I've been told.

Quote Originally Posted by RPMiller View Post
    I like the artistic interpretations. Well done. I look forward to seeing how the various elements get slipped in such as the cellar exit to the parking lot.

What resolution/scale are you drawing this at? It seems a little small.

Based on this screen capture it looks like it is 50 pixels = 6' ? Does that seem right?
    I'll be honest, I do not know how to interpret a scale based on pixel count

Each DISCO tile is 3 feet x 3 feet, and the pool tables are 5 x 9 (couldn't find regulatio 4.5 x 9 table images )

But, yeah, you look pretty close there with your people.

Most peeler bars I have been to are usually not about huge spaces or comfort
    Last edited by NeonKnight; 07-07-2008 at 06:17 PM.

MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Quote Originally Posted by NeonKnight View Post
    I'll be honest, I do not know how to interpret a scale based on pixel count

Each DISCO tile is 3 feet x 3 feet, and the pool tables are 5 x 9 (couldn't find regulatio 4.5 x 9 table images )

But, yeah, you look pretty close there with your people.

Most peeler bars I have been to are usually not about huge spaces or comfort
    If you know the size of objects then it is a simple step to scale them.

You want 50 pixels = to 5'? That would mean it is 10 pixels = 1'. You know that the Disco tiles are 3'x3' so they should be 30x30 pixels. If they are already, then you are set, if they are not, but the apparent scale is correct (it looks correct to the eye) then use the Measure tool and find out how big they really are and then multiple/divide that size to get 30x30 pixels and scale the whole map. That will put the map at that scale. Obviously you could do the same thing with the pool tables instead.

Personally, I would actually make these higher resolution and go with 100 or 200 pixels=5' as that will look less pixelated when you zoom in. Which you can see an example of if you look at the MapTool screen capture I posted above.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Yep, I will do a super Hi Res version once I am done.

Sweet! That will be most awesome and shall find use in a certain person's Champions game.

Another update.

The Cellar beneath the bar is where they keep a lot of the cases of beer etc. I have actually this style implemented in modern bars with a trap door behind the bar to the cellar.

The map is 95% done. I will put some stairs in the upper right that leads to the upper floor of the neighbouring Hotel that is attached to the Slap-n-Tickle.

The Nightclub is done, and I just need to look at lighting effects and stuff to finish it up. Maybe some details on the street outside.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	SlapnTickle.JPG 
Views:	63 
Size:	714.8 KB 
ID:	5053  
    Last edited by NeonKnight; 07-09-2008 at 09:04 AM.

Here is a nice HUGE version (I have an even bigger 8 meg version of the same).

I did not include doors o the image as I figure the VTT people would have their own, if not let me know and I will put some on.

There are no windows on the establishment, as most peeler bars I have been too do not have any, nor do most nightclubs, prefering the nice darkened interiors for their lightshows.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	SlapnTickle1.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	543.3 KB 
ID:	5265  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast