Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WIP Oraven - The Severed Shores - Fantasy map

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Wip WIP Oraven - The Severed Shores - Fantasy map

4th WIP map of the world of Oraven, the Severed Shores, a big volcanic archipelago. First step with the landmass, as usual.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Oraven - the severed shores.jpg 
Views:	1135 
Size:	1.95 MB 
ID:	56619

And on it goes
    Not a big fan of archipelagos in general, but i'm sure you will make it something to look at. Looking forward to the progress!
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

I'd love to see all the pieces stitched together eventually, in a massive wall-map.

@Eilathen: Now I know the ULTIMATE map to irritate you: an archipelago with triangle mountains.

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

So, judging by the color scheme (which I dig), will we see a more southern part of Oraven this time?

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post

@Eilathen: Now I know the ULTIMATE map to irritate you: an archipelago with triangle mountains.
    Damn it, now you exposed my map-kryptonite ....
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    I'd love to see all the pieces stitched together eventually, in a massive wall-map.

Haha you just made my day About the stitched pieces I don't think you will see that one day for Oraven, since I went with quite different mountains, colors. I have some other style idea for the world map but I have to test out when I'll get some time. I guess a massive wall map in this style would be another project

@ Eilathen : I like archipelagos shapes but I don't find that many archipelgos maps. Though it has less features on them, I'm not sure it's the easiest maps to do ( not that much room, harder to label etc.)
    @ Lingon : my idea is some tropical/volcanic islands, let's see how this will go

I am a big fan of archipelagos myself, and can't wait to see what you do. Is there a reason it is in a sort of a swirl shape in your world, or is it just a design thing? I find that to be very interesting.

As am I a fan of them.
    Max, I like what you have here so far. You really are very prolific! Do you plan to use these Oraven maps in the future?

Thanks guys
    @ Failtality : The hard part of an archipelago is to have enough lands room to place geographical stuff and labels while having a pretty good convincing islands landshapes so the swirl shape was drawn regarding the format of the page but it sure has some explanation in the backgound story of the place
    @ Viking, yes:
    Quote Originally Posted by - Max - View Post
    The plan is to make an Atlas of oraven with a few big regional maps (like the savage lands, the red moors, the cold hell and some others), a worldmap (less detailed) to locate all the regions and maybe some close zoomed in maps of some parts of the big ones.
    Btw not sure you noticed it but The Cold Hell map is finished and you can check it here

Already a cool map with the kind of shapes that I like...
    Volcanic archipelago make me think about Guildwars right now. But I'm sure yours will be a lot much better !

And as a lot of people, I am eager to see this world map one day !

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast