Thread: New comapny looking for a fantasy map maker

Default New comapny looking for a fantasy map maker

Hi,

I hope that I am not breaking any rules here. I represent a new company that creates board and tabletop games, our latest game is set in a fantasy world of our own creation and we are in desperate need of a map to show people our world. I have been playing around with various map making software but to be honest I have failed produce something of a sufficient quality that I would want to release to our customers. And so I have come here, in the hopes that I can hire someone who would be willing to create our map for us.

I can provide all the important information about the map, I just need someone to do the actual creation. If you are interested please contact me with some examples you have previously made and a rough estimate of what you would charge for this.

Thanks in advance for your time.

PMs are disabled, I will try to monitor this thread for replies but it may be best to email us at contact@thundercloudminiatures.com

Just read the sticky so here is the request in the format they suggest

Subject

The map I need is based roughly on our world, with a few subtle changes. I'm looking for a map that would basically show Italy and a little of the surrounding area

Style

Something that looks a little hand drawn, it would also need to mark important points (cities - places of major events and such)

Quality & Size

Something professional/semi professional - it will be going into our rulebooks and maybe even some of our short stories so it needs to be good quality.

Time Constraints

On this we are fairly flexible - we are about 6 months away from releasing the first game, so any time before that would be fine.

Copyright

We have no objection to you using the map for your own advertising and personal projects, but as this is a commercial business we would need sole reproduction rights to this map. In other words this comment from the suggested list

I will have the right to use the image for commercial purposes, the artist will have the right to exhibit the image as part of his portfolio but not to exploit it for commercial gain.

Thank you to everyone who has contacted me about this. We are now in discussion with 3/4 people already so do not need any further volunteers, thanks very much for all the help

Now taken - thanks