Thread: Worldmap dark fantasy "Les Terres d'Ordale".

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip Worldmap dark fantasy "Les Terres d'Ordale".

Good Evening, (in france, this is the night when I have posted this thread...)

Or good day,

I present you the world map of the story of fantasy whom I am writing.

I copy you the small explanatory summary which I wrote for the album which I wrote to complete:

It is about a sketch of a world map for the universe of fantasy whom I am writing. It is a world of the kind Dark Fantasy. This map is the complete map of the Earth of Ordale. But for my story, just a small part (that where there is a majority of continents will be used. Other continents apparaitront probably later in the narrative). It is not ended yet, I use especially sketch of this one to know how to make it at best, and can be still modified in the future. If I counted well the map count all in all 91 cities. Most are concentrated in the North is. The South is less populated and investigated because of the hilly landscape, of its volcanic lands, and ravaged by cataclysms And of his estrangement also. Furthermore it is necessary to cross the ocean of the typhoon to reach it, what returns any risky approach, but not impossible by making a long bend by the East.
    The life in the world of Earth of Ordale is difficult. Of numerous dangers, wars, treasons, and conflicts of interests threaten his habitants. As well as the lands which are investigated still not enough little by place, and in the hilly landscape. For the map, and its geography, I made some superficial searches in geographies (thank you wikipedia, this is very helpfull for having some news ideas)

As regards places indicated on the map, I tried to make so that it represents most sometimes, hardness of the world of the lands of Ordale. And that with regard to the geography, to make names for the varied consonances, and coherent. For example on the continent of Yaga Nor, all the places or almost are written with the words of the language of his habitants.For example "Xho" means broken mountain, or of fire, or still burnt person according to the interpretations, the translations and suffixes. And an other example "Yaga Nor" Mean " The lands of those who endured " (the language works especially compared with the context in which the words are used, the same word used in a quiet situation, and a confrontation will have two different definitions).

There are 7 continents in this world:

- Îles Ethéennes, Islands east of the cardmap
    - Yaga Nor, continent in the south
    - Ordale, great continent near the center of the map
    - Aronir, small isle on the north of continent of Ordale (Atharash Khân kingdom)
    - Bordereth, contient with the empire of Terssinord
    - Per Véllénir, incated on the mapworld
    - Amsor, great isle group in the south of "Per Véllénir"

The map is not ended yet, I work a little every day to improve it. (I have some more of work to be made, and I have already spend a great
    time above to modify it.

But I shall like having notices as regards the geography. The shape of continents, names of places, cities, and so on. All which occurs you. Every objective criticism will be welcome.

Excuse I for the faults that he can have there there in the text.

If need be, I can post some precision about the map.
    Last edited by Jaqen Hagar; 08-04-2013 at 05:57 PM. Reason: changed icon