Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Looking for RPG Grass terrian

A commercial project , ok then forget my idea. It's okay if it's just for fun but I did not see that part.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

I moved it for you as you requested tonyj. I forgot the redirect though....it be late...way late
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

tonyj you can probably get a better grass texture for free on this website: [CG Textures] - Textures for 3D, graphic design and Photoshop! Just register for a free account that gives you 15mb free downloads of the smaller images, and you can pay for larger ones if you want. They have lots of good grass and sand. If you find a grass or sand you like but want the colour altered slightly I'd be happy to change the shade/hue/value/colour for you - it only takes a second.

Guild Novice

Jacktannery, thank you for this link. It has a lot of grass textures to look over. I just got off of work. I am going to bed. I will look over that link when I wake up. But I am still waiting to hear back from Johs. He has yet login on this forum. I would like to hear what he has to say about what I said in my replies above.

Thanks,
    Tony

Guild Novice

Jacktannery, I am looking at all the grass textures on that website link you gave me. I found a couple that might work so far. Still looking. When I find the grass texture and sand texture I like, I will then get back to you with a pm to talk about it.

Johs, I am still up on hearing back from you on what you have to say about what I said above in another reply. While I am waiting on you, I am looking at what Jack is sharing with me in case there is nothing else you can do for me.

Tony

Guild Novice

Jack and Johs, I sent you both a pm, but it does not show up under my sent items. Can you guys let me know if you got my pm or not?

Thanks,
    Tony

I got your PM and replied that I can help you but I won't be doing it as a normal commission because the project is not really the sort of thing I am interested in: I have however agreed to assist you in combining a sand and grass texture that you will acquire yourself.

tonyj, you say you tried to send me some textures but you are obviously having some trouble. I've thrown together your basic layout using some generic textures. There's no point using high quality textures here because the maximum image size that can be uploaded on CG is c. 4.3mb. The image prints to 35x18 inches as you required and the central path is slightly off-centre as per your brief (?). The grass texture is pretty awful, but hopefully should be sufficient for your requirements. If this is what you wanted you might consider giving a small donation to Cartographer's Guild.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	basiclayout.jpg 
Views:	260 
Size:	4.26 MB 
ID:	56778

Guild Novice

Jack, the sand texture will work. But the grass texture is not all that like you said. Now is it bad looking because you can not upload the high graphics on this forum? So if you email me the full high graphic image, will the grass texture blend together better? If so, this will work. If not, then we need to work on the grass texture. Yes, I can send a donation to this website when we are done.

Thanks,
    Tony

But the grass texture is not all that like you said. Now is it bad looking... ...we need to work on the grass texture. ...
    Just to be clear - I did not promise you a great grass texture. In fact, I told you I would put your simple map together if you sent me a grass texture. If you send me a grass texture either on this site, or via a link, or by email at 'my username at yahoo dot ie' I can replace the grass texture above with your one. I've explained this to you before in a PM, and if you read my post number 17 above I clearly indicated the impetus was on YOU to supply the textures.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast