Thread: Greetings from Kentucky

Post Greetings from Kentucky

Hello all,
    I can not believe I found a site that talks about maps that I did now know about. I've always been a map enthusiast. When I joined the Military in 1971 I did so with the intention of specializing in some job that had to do with maps. The job (MOS) I ended up in was what the Military refers to as an "Artillery Surveyor". The job consisted of doing three types of survey, target area, connection area and position area. I got my wish and worked with maps for 27 years until my retirement in 1998. I am still a big map enthusiast. I look forward to being a regular around here.

<--- love the smiley!

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

Welcome to The Guild, The Mappiest place on the Web

Glad to see another Gunner I devoted 17 years of blood, sweat, and tears to the Guns, mostly as a gun-bunny on the Guns themselves. Damn sure wish that I got to do your job at some point during that time (Asked for the survey course more often than I can recall....although at my age now that might only have been once or twice.... ) but LOVED what I did anyway.

So in parting, as we say north of the border, "Ubique"
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

It's amazing you got to actually produce real world maps like that K4GAP! Same to you Korash! Welcome to the guild!

Welcome to the Guild K4GAP! It sounds like you are going to fit right in here. Look forward to seeing you around the forums.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh