Thread: hello great to be here

Post hello great to be here

greetings all my name is Raymond Root and i have loved maps pretty much my whole life
    when i was about 10 i started playing rpg games and really took to the maps (at 10 years old they were really basic)
    than i started doing indepth maps for my brothers adnd games now i am just getting started with fractal mapper 8 and am looking heavy for new png library,s and some nice tutorials
    and that is where i am at now
    oh i also want dungeon/underground/cave type lib,s
    and mabe a good tut on making your own graphics for lib,s
    thanks
    RR

Welcome to the Guild Raymondroot! I'm not familiar with Fractal Mapper so unfortunately I'm not sure how to direct you to tutorials for this software. However most of the fractal cartography programs I know of (all two that is, FT3 and Wilbur) are at their best when used in conjunction with a good bit program such as Photoshop or GIMP. If you have access to Photoshop, have a look at some of the tutorials for this (in particular, check out a2area's The Genesis of Israh tutorial and some of jzelf's tutorials - located in the 'Tutorials in PDF Format' thread within the tutorials sub-forum). If not, do yourself a favor and download GIMP. It likely serve your needs admirably, it has done so for me. There loads of helpful tutorials for GIMP as well, matter of fact I wrote one up for use with another fractal cartography program, Wilbur (it's the "Eriond" tutorial in my sig). Well, hopefully that was somewhat helpful. Wish you the best of luck in your new projects. Let us know if you have any questions.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Default Re: hello great to be here

Thanks for the info and I have cs2 cs4 and psp4 gimp and many others but trying to learn how to use them efficiently. I used them strictly for photo editing and HDR production so any intro tuts. For them would be grand

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2