Thread: Greetings and salutations!

Default Greetings and salutations!

Hi everyone,

I found this site thanks to Kindari's wonderful tutorial on YouTube. I've always been interested in maps and, after having been talking into exploring D&D and Pathfinder by a few friends, started poking around the internet looking for ways to create maps in Photoshop.

And now I'm here. Do I know what I'm doing? No, not really. But I love looking at the maps people here have created and getting inspired by them.

I am -as of the time of this post - working on my first map (with Kindari's YouTube guidance). It is a work in progress but I figured I'd share what I have done so far. I hope to get better at this as time goes on.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	2.40 MB 
ID:	56694

mixo

Welcome to the Guild and that's a really good start! I like the palette you've selected and the coastline is looking quite nice. I'm no expert (yet) so you don't have to take me too seriously, but I think your mountains could be more prominent as they're looking slightly flat. Also consider a less saturated outline for the regions; they stand out a bit too much, in my opinion.

Welcome to the Guild mixo45! I immediately recognized this as an Ascension Atlas Style map - Kindari has done a great job walking people through it on his videos. You have done a great job in following the tutorial by the way. Looking good so far. Hope to see more of your work in the near future.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Thanks for the warm welcome!