Thread: DM/GM/Storyteller popping in to say hi

Post DM/GM/Storyteller popping in to say hi

Hello, all you glorious glorious mappers, you. You've made my eyes pop out of my head with your beautiful, remarkable creations. I wish I had that kind of talent...

Practice makes perfect! Welcome to the Guild.

I'm not so much of a mapper as a storyteller. I believe in experts, and here there be experts in making maps. You could say I'm here as a fan and customer.

Welcome to the Guild m4dn3zz! We all have to begin somewhere. When I first came here I too was blown away by the amount collective of skill and talent displayed in the maps here at the Guild. I had no clue what I was doing. I'd never worked with graphics software before and had only attempted a few hand drawn maps beforehand. But through the use of some helpful tutorials (i.e. Ascension's Atlas Tutorial - translated to GIMP by Gidde) I was able to learn the basics, and have been making steady progress ever since. So hey, if a novice like my former self can do it, so can you!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    Welcome to the Guild m4dn3zz! We all have to begin somewhere. When I first came here I too was blown away by the amount collective of skill and talent displayed in the maps here at the Guild. I had no clue what I was doing. I'd never worked with graphics software before and had only attempted a few hand drawn maps beforehand. But through the use of some helpful tutorials (i.e. Ascension's Atlas Tutorial - translated to GIMP by Gidde) I was able to learn the basics, and have been making steady progress ever since. So hey, if a novice like my former self can do it, so can you!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Thank you for providing a spark of hope to all of us amateurs When I look at your creations I find it hard to believe you haven't always been an awesome mapper.

I'm in a similar situation to m4dn3zz; avid gamer who would love to reach the level of talent proved by a remarkable number of Guild members. Hanging around here is inspiring in a number of different ways.