Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: *** August Challenge - Redraw an Old Map***

Post *** August Challenge - Redraw an Old Map***

This month's challenge was devised by RecklessEnthusiasm well over a year ago. Heaps of people were interested in it at the time. Hope that is still the case. Here was his idea:

Quote Originally Posted by RecklessEnthusiasm View Post
    Simple idea, inspired by a deviant-art meme that has been floating around for a while: redraw one of your old maps to see how far you've come! The final post should be the original map and the new version side-by-side. I'd personally love to see how far I've come, and it would be awesome to see some of "the greats" post their early work along side their current level of mastery.
    So that is what this month's challenge will be. Now, for any new comers who would like to participate but haven't yet created any maps here, you may redraw a map previously created by somebody else here at the Guild (just make sure they consent to your doing so). EXCEPTION: the map must not have been commercially published; that was last month's challenge.

Title each new thread July 2013 Entry - <your title>

Precede each WIP image with the tag ### Latest WIP ###.

The challenge will end on or around the first of September, and the winner will receive a golden compass, an enviable accolade here at the Guild.
    Last edited by arsheesh; 08-07-2013 at 07:41 PM.

I think you should add that the original author have to conscent that someone else use his image, in the requirement. I think it's obvious but just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by Azelor View Post
    I think you should add that the original author have to conscent that someone else use his image, in the requirement. I think it's obvious but just in case.
    Good point. Doubt many folks would mind, but you never know.

This one I can definitely do. It'll likely be a town map. I have a heap from 2002ish I can do new versions of.

Time to put my hands into the game once more.

Cool challenge, I may work in something

I liked it then, I like it now.

Wait, can we redo a map of our own or does it have to be from somebody else?
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    Wait, can we redo a map of our own or does it have to be from somebody else?
    Yes, you can certainly redraw one of your own maps. That bit about someone else's map was just for new comers who haven't yet done any maps they wish to redo.

I am sort of entering under the assumption it is mainly to redraw one of your old maps. So I'm glad that is so. =P

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast