Thread: Creig Casleán

Wip Creig Casleán

Hello, All!

Craig's Cartography is the company name I use for the maps I make for my own games and for those of my friends. I'll post my WIP miscellaneous and encounter maps here.

Please examine, review, comment and suggest to your heart's content! I welcome all feedback! I am also always happy to see any of my original works in use by others (just give appropriate credit, please!).

I use CC3 pretty much exclusively, with some very minor work in Photoshop. I've seen some incredible maps on this site and on ENWorld done in various paint/graphics programs, but learning CC3 takes up all my available hobby time.
    Last edited by Mowgli; 07-13-2008 at 03:26 PM.

Wip Creig Casleán

This is the start of a map I did a long time ago with CC2 - it's for an adventure I've always planned to run in a castle, with its supporting village, a little dungeon, some catacombs . . . I keep meaning to go back to this map and finish out the various pieces so I can run the adventure.

The brown bits between the various areas are meant to be paths, though if I have to explain that I haven't really done a very good job portraying them on the map, have I? Now that I look at them with the perspective of time they could be tunnels to someone who doesn't have the picture of the entire setting in their head as I do. The gray parts are catacombs and other subterranean construction to be named later.

The castle is set on a great crag, with the two other areas down the hill from it a bit, if that helps the visualization.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Creig Caisleán.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	4.45 MB 
ID:	5202  

Post suggeston...

Just a suggestion, leave the "Craig's Cartography" off your title for your threads, as it hides what the thread is about (your subject after the hyphen doesn't show up, only Craig's Cartography" shows up)

Just name your threads for what the subject matter is like "CC3 map of castle" or "Creig Castle" would have been far more appropriate.

When I look at the Forum Map WIPs, all I see is a bunch "Craig's Cartography" and nothing specific beyond that - its a bit distracting.

Many of us are industry mapping pros, but we don't list our company on any post, let alone every post... (sigs only.)

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Nice castle! Elevations are tough. Do you have floorplans?

Quote Originally Posted by töff View Post
    Nice castle! Elevations are tough. Do you have floorplans?
    Thanks! No floorplans yet - that's one of those 'various bits' I keep meaning to get to . . .
    Last edited by Mowgli; 07-13-2008 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mowgli View Post
    Is there any way to go back and rename those threads I've already started?
    The CL's have that right. Just post "PLEASE RENAME THIS THREAD TO BLAH BLAH BLAH", and one of us will do it.

-Rob A>

PLEASE RENAME THIS THREAD TO: 'Creig Casleán.'

Thanks - I'll try not to make too much of a mess of things. Can the CLs also delete threads at the starter's request?
    Last edited by Mowgli; 07-13-2008 at 04:46 PM.
    Craig's Cartography
    Campaign Cartographer 3 User