Thread: Player Lobby Map

Map Player Lobby Map

I made this one night for a campaign that I was playing all by myself as a fancier place to set up tokens and keep backups within the campaign file. I've gone through a bunch of names but I've finally decided on "Player Lobby". I think it may be one of my better maps but it's probably nothing compared to what you guys do here huh?

Anyways here's a preview image of the map:

And here's a zip file to download it if you want to:

Player Lobby Map.zip

I hope you guys like it!

EDIT: By the way, this map file was made in and for maptools. At present I don't have a great way to export the map file as an image like in Auto-Realm apart from CTRL+PrtSc. Sorry .
    Last edited by Altrunchen; 08-22-2013 at 02:27 PM.

Wow...is it that bad D: ?

Hi!

I'm not sure what it is, but maybe it's the swede in me that doesn't get it. Do you play a RPG with yourself, or is it some kind of computer game? Is it some kind of lobby floating in the air? There are some details that I could comment on. Marble repeat itself, background repeat itself way too much. Though, I haven't tried to do a map in maptools, so maybe this is a fantastic map with the tools you have in hand, I don't know
    "That sounds... incredibly complicated, but there's no doubt the result is fantastic." /Diamond

Quote Originally Posted by Obbehobbe View Post
    Hi!

I'm not sure what it is, but maybe it's the swede in me that doesn't get it. Do you play a RPG with yourself, or is it some kind of computer game? Is it some kind of lobby floating in the air? There are some details that I could comment on. Marble repeat itself, background repeat itself way too much. Though, I haven't tried to do a map in maptools, so maybe this is a fantastic map with the tools you have in hand, I don't know
    Well sometimes if none of my friends are on I play D&D with myself and I use maptools to facilitate that. Originally this was supposed to be a temple in the sky so yeah it's kind of like Laputa inasmuch as it's floating in the air. And I will admit, as far as what you guys manage on a regular basis, yes the elements repeat themselves too much. Alas, maptools is more prone to being a stamper type map-maker than a drawing program. The big problem is making it all from scratch and managing to get decent textures that line up with the grid. Also, my biggest map-making weakness is that I adore symmetry :p.