Thread: DND Map WIP Guidence For Noobs please

Wip DND Map WIP Guidence For Noobs please

So I'm DMing for the first time and i needed some sort of map, so i looked through random tutorials and managed to come up with this.
    This is my first map and i would like some input on some of everything.
    I'm trying to get a figure on the relative size of the region, i'm aiming for an Australian size maybe bigger but i really have no clue

These colors are temporary until i can figure out what i'm doing with the biomes
    Brown=mountain biome
    Tan=desert dry/biome
    Green=woodsy biome

P.S. I'm using PS

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map nakedwip.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	377.3 KB 
ID:	71449Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map dirtywip.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	445.7 KB 
ID:	71448
    Last edited by BlackBirdy; 03-08-2015 at 02:15 PM.

Looks like a pretty good start. I really like the overall shap and the coastline.

Thnx, I tried to get a cool looking shape down good then tear it up with some water and cropping,

Hello and welcome to the Guild! Your landforms are good but I do have some concerns.

One of your rivers is flowing in 2 directions at a time. It's a rare phenomenon that can occur briefly on small rivers but not or large ones. The blue arrows indicate the flow of water as I understand it.
    I think the other one is a canal? It most have cost a lot to build! (close to the red line)

The other problem is where the river meet with the mountains. Is it supposed to go trough? I think it could be better if the water flowed between the two mountain ranges, by making the eastern range bend in parallel to the other range.

Oh and the two red lines are an estimate of where the 30 degrees and 45 degrees could be located, based on the biomes and the size of the area.

Attachment 71451

Thanks about the river thing i did not know that, and as for the canal it was planned with a sort of magical/historical event in mind but i think i might scrap it.
    I like that dual mountain idea and i'll keep that in mind.
    and thanks again