Thread: Map of Askan

Guild Novice

Map Map of Askan

This is my first thread, so I apologize if something is wrong.
    This is my third map, a remake of another of my maps. I am creating this fictional world and I intend to write a book about it in the future.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NovoAskanNomesPG.jpg 
Views:	458 
Size:	925.5 KB 
ID:	56764

I do not know why the small names were blurred in the image, and the forum will only accept images up to 4MB (the map weighs 5MB in JPG), but I hope you enjoy it.

"Island of the Blue People?" That's racist! ;-)

Interesting land forms - just parallel enough to Europe/West Asia/North Africa to be an alternative Earth, but not enough to leap out at a casual look.

I do wonder at how much of the map is given over to largely-empty ocean (half the map, and the westmost isle is already a third of the way from the edge of the map. Unless you're planning on adding a bunch of text about the setting or somesuch over the ocean, it would make sense to condense things horizontally.

Guild Novice

Yeah, you're right. I used a background with the wrong format, I intend to fix this in the future. The similarity with Europe really is something that just happened, it was difficult to change. and thank you!

Guild Novice

The use of wrong background is still the real issue you need to solve.Anyhow I want to ask you one more question that is about the patents and copyrights preserved of this map.Any update regarding this will be welcome.Thanks for the nice input.

patent attorneys
    Last edited by marrkede; 08-28-2013 at 01:10 PM.

Guild Novice

the map is not copyrighted, is a homemade map made ​​by me in photoshop. The book is just an idea I had, I still do not know if I'll actually write it.

The text is not really blurred but still hard to read since you added a white outline. It's usually better when it's only black or another color might do.

The forests are a bit dull because it's the same repeating pattern. It's a great brush but you should add more variation/randomness.

And as a tip concerning the file size, the limit is something like 4.67 mb and maybe 5000 px x 5000 px. To get the best results, use jpeg over png and chose a lower quality. It's not that bad and really reduce the size of the file.