Thread: Medieval map of an imaginary island

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Default Medieval map of an imaginary island

Hello, I post this thread with the intention of gaining somone's attention. I am starting a new book, you might thing i'm young, or something, but no, I have already written 4 books, that are selling at the moment. In this book I'm writing a medieval fiction story, like game of thrones, or lotr, for example, and I am in need of a map of the island where everything happens. If any who read this are interested, PLEASE write me an e-mail or message me on facebook, for i need it quick. I cannot pay, but I can name you in my book, thanking you, i'ts not much but it's what i can do. Please write to me, so i can tell you the details of the map i am in need of.
    Thank you
    Mateo

If you are already selling 4 books, could you put a link to them? You are already making money and you plan to use a map in your next book, yet you can't afford to pay for it ?

Consider that the map portion of a roleplaying game adventure module is often the most expensive part of outsourced content paid by game publishers, well about the same as cover art in cost. It always amazes me, that while book authors want maps for their novels, many of them don't want to pay for it. As if writing is the true art, and a map is just some minor add on and doesn't deserve much.
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 08-11-2013 at 02:21 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Also not to be a further damper on your goal here, but [Unpaid] Cartography Requests are usually for non-commercial/personal projects - maps for home games, situations where the recipient of the map has no intentions of earning money from it'souse. Your request is for a commercial project, thus are unlikely to find volunteers to give you a map, only for a published mention. You're probably going to have to pay something, even if some reasonable amount like $50 or more. I hope you have luck finding someone, though your chances are small.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

I can't pay for them, because I can't get dollars, all I am asking for is a favor, and the books are in spanish, I was planning on writing this one only in english

No no, you mistake my intention, it's not that i don't want to pay for the map, I can't, i can't get dollars, or euros, only pesos, from Argentina, and trust me, I do wouldn't be able to draw, or even MAKE a map like most i see here, I consider both an equally hard art, for they are different, trust me, if i could pay for a map, i would

Ok, well if you can't pay for a map, don't expect a lot of offers, especially because it's for profit (a part of the book you plan to sell)

Anyway, someone could still do it or have a spare map for you. So my best advice is to tell us what you are searching for. FOLLOW THE GUIDELINE HERE: http://www.cartographersguild.com/ma...e-read-me.html

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

Mateo, currencies are not a problem. Any bank or money transfer service will convert currencies, and most will do it for free. Just sign up for a Paypal account for example, and you'll be able to pay for your map.