Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Award Winner] Regional Map using Xara Xtreme 4.0

Post One more thing...

Del, one more thing, you don't have to worry about pre-setting your smoothing level, just draw your object and close the shape. Let it default to whatever smoothing exists.

Before you do anything else, go to the smoothing slider and adjust downwards and watch the smoothing change "on the fly", lower it until you feel it looks right to you and there's your perfect smoothing setting.

Unfortunately, if you do something else like a fill or create another object, the smoothing is now set in the object and can't go back and smooth some more. You'll have to live with or draw the object again and follow the instructions above...

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

it was set to whatever the default is... 50% i think, I just went back and deleted a few nodes... getting used to the bevel adjustment was taking too long, lol.

I do like the speed... and I like the way it creates mountains as well... but I think you did at least convert one forum member .. I'll be using Xara quite a bit I expect

Post Thread Jack...

A slight thread jack, but still cool.

I finally joined Cartotalk.com after seeing a question regarding the use of Xara Xtreme for Real World Mapping, that I had to answer, thoroughly!

I even posted a link to my Celanta map, which uses all the techniques from this tutorial to create.

I actually convinced a pro cartographer/GIS analyst to download Xara. She works in a not-for-profit organization and searching for low cost graphics alternatives for use by staff of analysts.

So I'm about to start working on a version of this tutorial tailored for real world map uses to post at Cartotalk.com.

I will be sure to post it here, as well, when completed.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Make sure you pimp us!!!
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Post Already did!

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    Make sure you pimp us!!!
    I started my post at cartotalk with "I'm one of those fantasy cartographers from Cartographers' Guild..." I wanted to make sure the GIS audience there got the idea where I was coming from right off the bat.

I will be sure to PIMP CG on the back page of my tutorial PDF!!

GP
    DrivethruRPG store

Tutorial PDF for Cartotalk.com

Here's the watered down tutorial I created for Cartotalk website - a forum site much like CG, but for professional cartographers and GIS analysts, you know "real world maps"!

This tutorial just covers creating a forest and a mountain. It is very step-by-step with every Tool with a graphic to identify it, so a brand new user could pick it up right away.

I definitely pimped the Guild! On page 10 of the tutorial.

I've seen some cool and professional looking tutorial formats out there, so I put some thought into the design of this one. Enjoy!

GP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails xtreme-tutorial.pdf  
    DrivethruRPG store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12