Thread: AUGUST 2013 Entry - Well of Lost Souls

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default AUGUST 2013 Entry - Well of Lost Souls

Hi gang been awhile since I entered one of these . First some background on this particular entry. When I first arrived here my mapping skills and art skills were CRAP ! Now Hopefully slightly less so ? Thanks mostly to the guide minds of the folks around here !! I toyed with all the tutorials here trying to find My style which I have as yet to clearly define Maybe some day . ANYWAYS One of my prefer-ed style is Satellite so I spent a great deal of time trying the Saderan tutorial by TEAR and Creating mountains and other terrains in Photoshop by PASIS I was tinkering on the Well of souls Island in that style. I posted the attached Picture of two scrolls featuring the island and a more general area map. It was basic but it spurred me to complete a much more complete and (better ??) version which I never got to post. In April 2011 disaster struck in the form of a backup drive crash. Everything up to that point was lost. This is the only survivor from my earlier work. I have someone trying one last time to fix the drive enough to get my old stuff back (Inspired by this contest)If i happen to find a later version It will be inserted instead of this in the final work. I don't know if I have time to recreate this entire scroll or Just the island. We'll see. Here is the very basic version.
    ### LATEST WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ancient Antique Manuscript3guild.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	607.1 KB 
ID:	56866

If this doesn't qualify for the "Before " part of this contest let me know and I'll withdraw it ?
    Last edited by lostatsea; 08-14-2013 at 04:32 PM.
    "Aye The skies be clear , the seas be calm and the winds be with us .....

ARGH!! but the damn compass be broken!! "

Capt. Noah Swalter Last voyage of the " Silver Crest"