Thread: World map, need help deciding what to place in NE

Wip World map, need help deciding what to place in NE

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Land Map.jpg 
Views:	307 
Size:	775.4 KB 
ID:	56875

I know that if my wind is blowing in a north eastern direction the land blocked by mountains would get less rain, but is this true even further from the mountains? Basically trying to figure out what would make sense to put in the NE area of the map (where the fissure is at)

Guild Member Facebook Connected Gumboot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by amril View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Land Map.jpg 
Views:	307 
Size:	775.4 KB 
ID:	56875

I know that if my wind is blowing in a north eastern direction the land blocked by mountains would get less rain, but is this true even further from the mountains? Basically trying to figure out what would make sense to put in the NE area of the map (where the fissure is at)

You'd still expect it to be fairly dry, but if the waters around the coast are warm enough, weather systems will collect water off the coast as they pass through and dump it back on land (air rotates around both high and low pressure areas). If you look at the east coast of the USA that's exactly what happens; by rights it should be very dry as the winds are coming across the continent, but the Gulf Stream makes the Atlantic unusually warm, thus weather systems collect water as they pass through and drop it inland.