Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: August 2013 Entry - Principality of Al Senia

I left a lot of the sea visible for the WIP because I ran into a problem in my last map. I had a lot of legend of labels to put in, and I didn't leave enough empty space so I ended up having to add in a whole lot of sea water after everything was done, which was annoying. To prevent that issue this time, I decided that I'm going to leave a massive amount of water and then crop whatever that's not needed when all the labeling is finalized. But other wise, this is indeed an island relatively far away from any many landmass.
    Here's a link to my deviantART, because I haven't got better things to write here (yet).

(Been away for a few days, sorry about the inactivity.) I think I'll leave the background as is, except for maybe I'll tamper with the rivers and lakes a bit more. We'll see. Next off: cities, towns and labels. (WIP is half-sized.)

### LATEST WIP ###

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	[6] backgrounds done.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	1,003.8 KB 
ID:	57092
    Here's a link to my deviantART, because I haven't got better things to write here (yet).

The rivers look much better now. I really like the forested delta in the North West.

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

I think you should work on the forests. I have the impression they look somewhat top-down, while the mountains have a nice iso feeling. Maybe adding stronger shadows on the right side?

Quote Originally Posted by Sapiento View Post
    I think you should work on the forests. I have the impression they look somewhat top-down, while the mountains have a nice iso feeling. Maybe adding stronger shadows on the right side?
    Yup. That has now been taken care off. Good call, sir.

(Probably won't post another WIP until I'm done for good, because it's quite close to being done.)

(It's frigging 3:30am and I really should be sleeping.) Alright folks, let us tentatively call this done. Any possible tweaks from now on, if any, will probably be minor cosmetic stuff. Comments, suggestions, spelling corrections, and policing of any kind is still very much welcome. And yes, that is one helluva sexy compass, if I must say so myself.

### Latest WIP ###

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Al Senia Revamped alt label.jpg 
Views:	353 
Size:	2.79 MB 
ID:	57183

It is a very nice compass indeed.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12