Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Landship of Briganey

Wip The Landship of Briganey

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map-of-Briganey-988USE.jpg 
Views:	356 
Size:	317.2 KB 
ID:	56998

Briganey (Bregenee; ડિબ્રયરજર) is a relatively new kingdom in the southern waters of the Full Brine. Briganey means "Endless Waters" in the Gwendyll tongue. Formed by King Mordicai mac Neyr nearly six hundred years, before the Imperium Occupation by uniting the clans of Gwendyll into one country.

The nation was conquered by the Imperium of the Reach four centuries later, and was under Tyrian occuption for nearly 100 years of it's six hundred year history. It was freed through the efforts of King Frederic mac Galahad, and his loyal general Cayd Mareyden. King Alleyne Ua Morduc, with his wife, Queen Ileaner mac Galahad are the current rulers of Briganey.

The climate of Briganey, year round, is temperate with excessive rainfall, and appears to be located just east of continent, Thesa.
    Last edited by Dornier Spy; 08-18-2013 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Didn't see WIP Symbol

Back from a LOOONG absence due to work-related stuff, and here is my first truely (nearly finished) map on here. Please feel free to comment on it. Quick note, if anyone knows how to make navi-stars and the measurement table on maps, I am open to suggestions.

I really like the crumpled paper idea for mountains it's very clever, but I'm not sure how well it fits with the over all style of the map. To me the map feels like it's missing something, but I couldn't tell you what, and that missing something is sending off a very plain vibe.

I'm currently working on a way to get forests on there. Thats what the main green stuff is, however I am considering leaving it as is as the map is based heavily of the Ferelden Map of Dragon Age: Origins.

Again, I need some help with how to make navi-stars and the measurement table, please comment and give opinions.
    Last edited by Dornier Spy; 08-18-2013 at 08:18 PM.

The colors un the middle look a bit strange. Too saturated maybe ? or too much light.

Also, it look blurry or stretched. The border in particular.

I must admit I have no idea what navi-stars and the measurement table are. To let people know their position according to the stars ?

Not sure what you mean by the colors thing. As for what I mean, a Navigational star, (Or something to put to tell North, East, West, and South) and a table that tells distances.

Oh yes, I usually call it a compass rose or something. English is my second language after all.
    It depend how complex you want it to be. You could use for example, different stars shapes or the same one with different sizes. Make sure they all have the same center and rotate them to have the main direction N,S,E,W WITH THE BIGGEST POINTS. Smaller points indicate other direction like North east. Put the different shape of different colors for some effects. White and red are two colors frequently used.

About the mesure, you can do it in a vector program or even with something else using simple rectangles usually black and white. Dupplicate them to make sure they have the same dimensions. Then add a line around to make them stand out. Just add the numbers and that's it. Of course, to fit the map you could replace the black with brown or beige and maybe some texture like your map border.

I might go for for a golden, kinda full circle with a drawing of a woman in it, and what not. It'll be a slightly different looking star. Anyway, thank you.

So, you mentioned something about the color, and again I am curious by what you meant by that.
    Last edited by Dornier Spy; 08-19-2013 at 01:27 AM.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map-of-Briganey-988USE.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	339.8 KB 
ID:	57019

Added a Navigational Star, as well as two new names for towns.

Galahad & Devonport. Please opinon on the new update and tell me what you think.

It's because I think that the color in the center of the ocean look too bright compared to the rest of the map. Or it has too much saturation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast