Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Work in Progress I need your help!

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

For my taste the earlier version was better, it seemed to fit fine to the rest.

Today I tried to add a bamboo forest for 1 hour and failed =/ It will take me foreeeever to finish this map...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new_map.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	2.03 MB 
ID:	57131

At least there was some progress.

Guild Apprentice

Woah, those pink trees are out there. I think I would tone those down a touch unless you really want that to be the focal point of the map. Do you plan to paint anything into the water?

Hmm I will lower the vibrance of those Sakuras, that should help toning them down.
    I haven't done anything with water yet. I have few ideas but I will try them when I finish the land. =]

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

Coming along very nicely! The white in the forests, is that meant to be fog? That's how I read it, and it's really cool if that was your intention And yes, toning down the sakura trees is a good idea.

Spledorthed, the sakura could do with a bit more lightness. Otherwise excellent, love the style.

Aaand another update. I am getting close to finishing the land. At least the main thing. I still need to add many other thing to make it a map and not a drawing. Still didn't touch water and so many other things, although I experimented with a rainy cloud and it looks cool imo =P

Views:	79 
Size:	2.17 MB 
ID:	57185

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

I love that cloud!

I finished the land!!! It took me forever but I am so happy now. Sure I still need to add temples, buildings and all that stuff but the most time consuming thing is over.

Views:	69 
Size:	2.28 MB 
ID:	57208
    I'm not sure about those small clouds over the mountains. I feel like they need some different style.

That is looking beautiful. A few things/suggestions though. The waterfalls (especially the big one in the NE corner) looks too blurry for the style. The small clouds over the mountains is wanting a gradient over them in the very least, if not also a few lines of swirls inside. I'm not too certain about the thick dark-green outline of the small black trees; the slightly-blurred trees on the southern-most islands seems a more fitting style. Otherwise, I'm looking forward to seeing this as a final product.
    Here's a link to my deviantART, because I haven't got better things to write here (yet).

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast