Thread: A Hello from me

Default A Hello from me

Hey there, I came across this forum when looking for map materials for some VTT games me and a few friends wanted to do. After having looked around this forum for some time I decided to register because alot of people have made some very outstanding maps and I wanted to be able to find these maps easily and get more informed when new maps are published.
    A result of me looking at all of these maps has really inspired me at giving it a try myself, and with alot of the great material provided by people in this forum, such as tutorials, I will be better off when trying to create them.

I myself am from England and am at the moment a student.
    In my free time I tend to play alot of strategy based stuff. I prefer fantasy settings in such things as it makes the world seem new and unexplored, compared to an earth setting with the situation being the same as it always has been. Cartography has always interested me, either because the map looks great and in depth or simply because of the process in creating a map of a realistically designed world.

I hope that in the not to distant future and can add my own creations to this forum and improve my skill greatly.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

As you have discovered, this is THE place to be if you are at all interested in maps. As a word of warning, it is a slippery slope upon which you tread so when you start to slide, I suggest you lean back and enjoy the trip.

Welcome to the Guild, The Mappiest Place on the Web.
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Welcome to the Guild Valkyness! It's like Korash said, this is the place for anyone who loves maps. Look forward to seeing your own contributions in the not to distant future.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh