Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: [Region 1][Map 13][Town 03] Stormlit Cloister

Post [Region 1][Map 13][Town 03] Stormlit Cloister

Just a placeholder for my choice of place to map. Torq, is there anything I need to know about this place that's not in the Wiki?

::Edit:: Changed from Arkender which is on Lake Festus which (I am pleased to report) is already being mapped extensively!

I love the name 'Stormlit Cloister' - it brings to my mind images of an isolated, spired monastery city perched on top of a bleak and desolate range, where the faithful, during their meditations, watch dark thunderheads roll across the flanks of the mountainside far below their eirie peak.

Here the monks have retreated to find a cure to the plague. Consequently, they have sent out a call for all skilled in the arcane arts to join their college and many have answered. Some wizards prefer to work alone, and for them special quarters are built resulting in a gradual and extensive expansion of the original complex.

To reach the Cloister, travellers must ascend the 'ten thousand steps', a steep and perilous stair carved into the mountain. There are simple rest-houses upon the way, for the journey takes four days.

The denizens of the Stormlit Cloister lead a simple ascetic life. In upland pastures acolytes tend a breed of hardy goat which provide milk, meat and fur. Vegetables are grown in small gardens under the eye of Father Meehan - the head of the order.

Run with it man, run with it! I love the idea. I'm very happy that Stormlit Cloister is in good hands. Go Groam!

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

Haha!

You're doing Stormlit Cloister, and I am doing Small Coping
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Neon! We must see if we can link up thoughts .... supplies from Small Coping to Stormlit Cloister perhaps? Here's my first WIP (trying out yet another style).

### WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7 June.png 
Views:	81 
Size:	201.2 KB 
ID:	4940  

Very Pretty

Very cool Ravs. I love the "clean marine" style.

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

Blog Entries

Nice - you don't hang about do you ! I haven't even picked a place yet.

I have no idea where I'm going with this. There's the grand hall, to the north of that the communal area with the guest wing and to the east of that the kitchens and storage to the north with the herb garden outside.

The Angular building is the Dojo for the fighting monks (in honour of Torq).

Can you guys think of any other types of buildings that would go in the complex?

ps thanks for the compliments but it's very simple...no special effects in this one.

Next WIP - just following my nose with no real plan in mind. I think I know the functions of the various buildings, but it would be nice to somehow find a way to emphasise verticals without interfering with the simplicity. The one on the right has a drop shadow...which do you think looks better?

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8 June render.png 
Views:	66 
Size:	402.5 KB 
ID:	4941   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8 June render drop shadow.png 
Views:	109 
Size:	537.5 KB 
ID:	4942  

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast