Thread: [Region 1][Map 12][Town 03] Irontown

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Journeyer

Wip [Region 1][Map 12][Town 03] Irontown

Not really 100% what I'm doing with this, seeing as I've barely read anything about the cooperative mapping project, but why not jump in blind folded and find a way to tie my hands behind my back as I go?

Haven't really had time for my other mapping projects currently, just getting a bit of time to go back to them and when I saw the new challenge up I decided they can simmer on the back burner a little longer still.

I glanced around at the Wiki, and picked the first named town that didn't appear to have much done on it. Hopefully I'm not stepping on someone's toes here, and if I am, then I'm sure I can rename a few things, and move this to somewhere else.

The goal is to be a rough outline of the city, highlighting major landmarks in a slightly out of scale artistic means. I've gone to a far lighter background, and will hopefully end up with a more colourful map, but still keeping a hand drawn, pusdo-period look.

Seeing as I have about a month, I'll hopefully pick away at some fairly in depth storylines to go along with the map. Going to have to get in touch with the region map's maker and see what they have to say about things.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IronTown copy.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	469.1 KB 
ID:	4952