Thread: [Region 1][Map 09][Town 01] Darkovia

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip [Region 1][Map 09][Town 01] Darkovia

OK, I said I was out, but I've got a week to play with (client's out of town on business, so I'm temporarily free.)

Plan is to do a hand-drawn 3/4 view of a castle town. I've always been dismayed by city/town maps because you can't see the beauty of the structures, only a bunch of roofs. But a 3/4 view will let you see it.

I want to keep the town fairly small, so I don't have to draw too much in such a short period of time.

In order to get the perspective right, I created this in 3D using Nendo with the intention of tracing the outlines, then filling in the detail in pencil/pen. I'll probably do some subtle coloring in Xara to finish it.

Anyway, my 3D sketch to make my tracing from...

The rear area of this castle town will have a pinnacle of rock with Castle Darkov at the top, accessed by a winding road leading from the street at the far right of this map view, rising to the castle over the center rear of the town...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	darkovia-birdseye.png 
Views:	1329 
Size:	36.9 KB 
ID:	4956  
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations